Bilingual Financial Planner – Ottawa Region
Client Advisory Services Team
Educators’ Financial Group is growing again. We are hiring a salaried Bilingual Financial Planner (English and French) to deliver a superior client experience within the education community in the Ottawa and surrounding areas. The education community primarily includes members of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF/FEESO), the Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association (OECTA), the Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) employee groups and some members of Ontario Universities and their family members.
As a Financial Planner, you will develop networks to grow our client base, raise awareness of our firm and our services within the education community, increase investments from existing clients within your assigned territory and work closely with our lending staff within the territory.
This role may be for you if:
- You enjoy developing relationships. You don’t hesitate to connect with others, can build an authentic network and are skilled at identifying centers of influence;
- You understand financial planning and can clearly communicate the merits of a sound financial plan and make client-focused, value-added recommendations for products and services;
- You are a strong sales professional who can respond to changing market conditions and adjust sales activities in order to maintain a consistent sales pipeline and achieve sales targets; and
- You have a genuine desire to improve the financial outcomes of your clients and have experience successfully advising on product offerings including investments, retirement planning, cash flow management, tax planning and estate planning.
This is a mobile position with the flexibility to manage your own schedule, best suited for a self-motivated, self-managed individual with significant initiative and drive. The successful candidate will be part of a strong team, supported by regular team meetings, a supportive coaching environment and quarterly all staff corporate town halls events.
This is a salaried position with a strong benefit package and competitive pension plan. Tools, technology and travel expenses required for the role will also be provided. If you are a motivated candidate, eager to grow your career in a supportive environment, then we want to hear from you!
- Current CFP designation holder, approved to be registered with an MFDA or IIROC firm in the province of Ontario
- Ideally have ten or more years of financial services experience
- Strong candidates holding the PFP designation or equivalent (CIM or WMT) and working towards the CFP designation may be considered for a Financial Advisor role
- Bilingualism (English and French)
Interested in applying for this position?
To apply, submit your cover letter and résumé, with the job title and area in subject line, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org